Demartek To Join the February 2010 Wikibon Discussion on FCoE: Fact vs. Fiction
On Tuesday, February 2nd at 12:00 noon Eastern time, Dennis Martin, Demartek President, will join the Wikibon community discussion “FCoE: Fact vs. Fiction” with several well-known bloggers and respected technologists, including:
- Dave Graham - @davegraham
- Nigel Poulton - @nigelpoulton
- Stu Miniman - @stu
- Dennis Martin - @demartek
The community discussion, hosted by Wikibon, will focus on the realities of Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) adoption and key issues including:
- What is required to implement FCoE and converged networks — i.e. what can we do with FCoE today?
- What are the limitations and what pitfalls should practitioners understand?
- How fast will FCoE adoption occur — i.e. when will the limitations go away?
- What will be the prominent use cases for FCoE — i.e. where's the fit?
Organizations that want to aggressively pursue virtualization and are seeing high NIC and FC HBA counts are the best candidates to pilot FCoE today and will see the most benefit in the near-to-mid term. FCoE can be deployed today but typically only at small scale. Over the next five years, adoption of FCoE will increase steadily as costs decline and end customers reach a critical mass of infrastructure necessary to support FCoE.
Dennis Martin has been testing FCoE in his lab for more than a year and will be sharing some of his insights.
Information Technology practitioners, data center managers and others interested in FCoE are invited to join this public conference call and participate in the open discussion. Complete details are available at: http://wikibon.org/wiki/v/February_2_2010_-_FCoE:_Fact_vs._Fiction.
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-0500)
Update: 2 February 2010 — The podcast of the Wikibon FCoE Fact vs Fiction call is now available at: http://wikibon.org/w/images/7/74/02-02-10_Peer_Incite.mp3.
Update: 3 February 2010 — Also see Demartek Commentary: FCoE Technology Math Lesson.